Do you ever find yourself searching through an Excel manual … wishing you had an Excel expert to ask … or even giving up in frustration by “working around” features that you know Excel is capable of because you don’t know how to use them? This workshop will show you how to end your Excel frustrations for good by providing the “how-to’s” for breezing through spreadsheets, forecasts, graphs and financial reporting, plus little-known shortcuts and timesaving techniques. Work smarter, not harder, by enrolling in this workshop today!
What can this workshop do for you?
- You’ll get more done in less time
- You’ll learn and retain more in one day than you can imagine
- You’ll increase your abilities
- You’ll get great tips and tricks to help you in your daily work
- You’ll build skills and learn techniques you can use immediately
- You’ll get our 24/7 after class help line
Who should attend?
Account Executives, Managers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Sales Executives, Directors and Business Owners
About the Trainer
Kelvin Ng is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and Microsoft Office 2010 Master Specialist with 15 years of training experience. He is able to relate practical usage of Formulas and Excel Features in your daily work and save you a great deal of time.
Improve Your Microsoft Excel Skill Now !
Generate New Idea
Duration: 1 Day
Module 1: Time-saving techniques
To really get the most out of Excel, you need to know not only how to accomplish certain tasks but how to accomplish them fast. That’s what this session is all about. You’ll learn some quick keyboard shortcuts that’ll get you where you want to be many times faster than using your mouse to maneuver through your worksheets. You’ll also uncover some amazing techniques for importing data so you don’t have to re-enter data from other applications. You’ll also learn …
- How to format large blocks of cells quickly and efficiently with the power of Format Painter
- Make your titles and headings stand out by using the Merge and Center formatting feature
- How to quickly create cus
Module 3: Data analysis and formulas
The real power of Excel is in data analysis, and that’s what this session is all about. You’ll dive headfirst into the data analysis techniques and formulas found in Excel, but you won’t have to be a mathematician to make sense of all the possibilities Excel has to offer. We’ll explain the most commonly used functions and analysis tools in plain English so you’ll walk away with the skills you need to get the most out of Excel. You’ll learn …
- A technique that allows you to sum only the data that meets conditions you specify
- Using the Goal Seek function to help determine how to get your desired result
- The right way to use the Lookup Wizard to help you write a formula that finds the value at the intersection of a column and a row
- What the Excel Data Table is, how to load it and how to take advantage of the new user interface to get the most out of it
- How to use the Scenario tool to do a what-if-analysis?
Module 5: Getting the most out of PivotTable and PivotChart® reports
Trying to view and understand worksheets that contain hundreds or even thousands of rows of data used to be a nearly impossible task. But now you can use PivotTable reports to view and organize your Excel data quickly and easily, and that’s what you’ll learn in this session. You’ll discover how you can organize your data with just a few simple mouse clicks to see comparisons, reveal patterns and analyze trends. You’ll also find out …
- The in’s and out’s of Excel PivotTable and PivotChart reports, including the terminology used in PivotTable reports
- How to use slicers and other techniques to quickly drill down in your PivotTable without having to go back to your source data to identify specific information
- The quick and easy way to create a PivotTable using the PivotTable Wizard
- The techniques that allow you to instantly restructure your PivotTable and change the information reported
- How to change your PivotTable field settings to a variety of options such as average, minimum, maximum or even custom settings
Module 2: Designing forms and formatting
Using Excel to create custom forms such as invoices, purchase orders and others is a great way to take advantage of some of the advanced features it has to offer. This session will show you how to create virtually any type of form quickly—and with features you might not have thought were even possible. You’ll discover …
- How to create stunning 3-D effects with your cells and implement the new artistic effects on images in your worksheets
- Using templates to create your worksheet can have you finished and on to the next project in a fraction of the time
- How to use Excel to quickly create professional-looking forms in minutes (not hours!)
- How to implement conditional formatting, take advantage of the new icon sets and a dozen other formatting tips and techniques for making your data stand out
- How to add control items to your worksheets, including combo boxes, option buttons and many others
Module 4: Advanced charting and graphing functions
Virtually anyone can put some numbers down in a spreadsheet, select them and then click the Chart Wizard button to create a reasonable-looking chart, but it takes advanced skills to make charts and graphs with stunning effects that really capture the reader’s attention. In this session, you’ll learn how to create some amazing special effects that’ll give your charts a professional appearance without taking hours to complete. You’ll find out …
- How to quickly create a basic chart with a single keystroke
- Use pictures to create exciting charts that are even more descriptive
- How to insert a Sparkline into a cell to instantly reveal patterns in your data?
- How to know which chart or graph type to use?
- How to add a chart—or virtually any kind of image—to a comment that displays when the user moves the mouse over a cell
Module 6: Validating and securing your data
Having data in your spreadsheet is only half the battle. Making sure your data is valid and secure is extremely important, and that’s what this session is all about. Your spreadsheets are only as good as the data they contain, and human error in data entry is an extremely common problem. We’ll show you some of the best techniques to help eliminate human error from your data management equation. You’ll learn …
- How to lock values and formulas in your Excel worksheets
- Track down mistakes in your worksheet using the Formula Auditing tools
- How to share your Excel workbook and not worry about someone making changes that’ll ruin your work
- How to use Data Validation to make sure the data going into any cell meets the criteria you’ve specified