Do you ever find yourself searching through an Excel manual … wishing you had an Excel expert to ask … or even giving up in frustration by “working around” features that you know Excel is capable of because you don’t know how to use them? This workshop will show you how to end your Excel frustrations for good by providing the “how-to’s” for breezing through spreadsheets, forecasts, graphs and financial reporting, plus little-known shortcuts and timesaving techniques. Work smarter, not harder, by enrolling in this workshop today!
- How to customize the ribbon to increase your productivity and even create new tabs and even create new tabs and hide the ones you never use
- Data, reports, graphs and formulas-making the most of Excel’s many talents
- How to solve print problems and get your information to look the way you want it
- Spreadsheets, charts and more-easy to make spreadsheets and figures into colorful, clear and precise presentations
- And much more
Who should attend?
Account Executives, Managers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Sales Executives, Directors, Business Owners and Individuals who want to improve the Microsoft Excel skills
About the Trainer
Kelvin Ng is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and Microsoft Office 2010 Master Specialist with 15 years of training experience. He is able to relate practical usage of Formulas and Excel Features in your daily work and save you a great deal of time.
Module 1: Getting Started – Excel Essentials
- What you need to know about the Excel interface including working with the ribbon
- How to customize the ribbon to increase your productivity and even create new tabs and hide the ones you never use
- The Microsoft Office button is gone—how to use the new Microsoft Office Backstage view
- Workbook and worksheet essentials—how to create, manage, save and rename workbooks and worksheets
- How to increase your productivity with special keyboard shortcuts and mouse techniques?
- How to get started quickly with one of the many templates Excel has to offer
- Uncover all the different Options settings and find out which ones you may want to change depending on how you use Excel
Module 3: Formulas and functions—The real power of Excel
- Mastering the mysteries of relative and absolute cell references— “must-know” information for working with formulas
- Discover the Function Library and how to add functions to your formulas and make sure you’re using the correct syntax
- How to use the Insert Function dialog box to insert functions and to quickly get help on how the selected function works
- How to use the Name Manager to name a data range and use it in your formulas to save time and effort
- Understanding and using the Trace Precedents and Trace Dependents features
Module 5: Managing your data—Connections, sorting, filtering and data tools
- How to create data connections to virtually any type of data, including simple text files, Web pages and other Microsoft Office applications
- How to use the Sort feature to sort on not only values of cells but the color of the cells, color of the cell font and more
- How to prevent bad data from being entered by using the Data Validation feature
- How to automatically add subtotals to several rows of related data with just a couple of mouse clicks
- Using the powerful filter features of Excel to view only the data you have need of
- How to insert a Slicer to interactively filter data?
- How to easily separate the contents of one cell into multiple columns such as first and last names
- How to dramatically speed up data input with the powerful AutoFill feature and increase the power of the AutoFill feature by using Custom Lists
Module 2: Formatting and styles—Getting the look you want
- How to modify the format of numerical data in your worksheets?
- How to format large blocks of cells quickly and efficiently with the power of Format Painter
- How to add, change, find or clear conditional formats
- What icon sets are and how to use them to make your important data stand out
- Quick cell formatting from predefined styles
- How to easily select a range of cells and convert it into a great-looking table that stands out on your worksheet
- Secrets of the Merge and Center button and how to use it to create professional-looking headings
- How to use the Format option to modify cell sizes and visibility, and organize and protect your worksheets?
Module 4: Objects, charts and Sparkline
- How to quickly insert objects such as pictures, clip art, shapes and more with just a few clicks of the mouse
- How to insert complex mathematical equations and symbols into your worksheets
- How to use the new Screenshot feature to quickly insert a screenshot of any open application?
- How to quickly select your data and insert a chart into your worksheet
- Bar chart, pie chart, line chart—how to choose and use the right type of chart to get your point across
- How to use the Chart Tools to create stunning charts that have that professional look?
- How to save your finished chart as a template that you can apply to future charts?
- Stock, Surface, Doughnut, Bubble and Radar—how using advanced chart types can capture your audience’s attention
Module 6: Reviewing, sharing and printing
- How to add comments to a worksheet?
- Keeping track of the changes made to a spreadsheet by others so you can decide which to keep and which to discard
- How to protect a workbook so that only those you choose can open it
- The steps you’ll need to take in order to share your workbook with others
- How to quickly check for issues such as compatibility with previous versions before you share your workbook
- How to create a range of cells that other users can edit while the rest of the worksheet is locked?
- How to save time by creating a Custom view to select a print area you need to print on a regular basis
- How to use the Print Titles feature to specify rows and columns to repeat on each printed page?
Improve Your Microsoft Excel Skill Now !
Generate New Idea